Tree Tips for Residents
- Please water your tree with deep infrequent watering.
- Apply fertilizer without weed killer so it does not touch the base of the tree.
- Mulching is good as long as it does not touch the tree bark.
- Check your tree for disease.
- Check that your tree is growing properly.
- Do not trim or otherwise cut your tree without: authorization and a $1 million liability insurance from your trimming company.
- Do not use chemicals on your tree.
- Do not use weed killer near your tree.
- Do not use fertilizer on your tree if it contains weed killer.
- When adding fertilizers and chemicals in your garden, stay outside the Tree Dripline (PDF).
- Do not plant palm trees in the parkway.