Move More, Eat Healthy
The Move More, Eat Healthy campaign is focused on combating the obesity epidemic through physical activity, improved nutrition, and support for healthy lifestyle policies in low income neighborhoods in North Orange County. Providence-St. Jude Medical Center provided support for this initiative as part of Community Benefit. Some of the improvements to the the La Habra community that have resulted from the program include:
- Installation of fitness equipment at Montwood Park, Brio Park & Las Lomas Park
- Installation of new playground equipment at Montwood Park
- Installation of fitness equipment at Brio Park
- Installation of fitness equipment at Las Lomas Park
- Move Move, Eat Healthy mural at The Children's Museum at La Habra
- Security lights at Brio and Las Lomas Parks
Who We Are
The Move More, Eat Healthy campaign is made up of different community-based organizations, businesses, faith-based partners, and individuals whose objective is to create a healthier community in the cities in which they work or reside.
Move More Summer 2022 Soda Free Summer Challenge
Commit to drinking fewer sugar-sweetened beverages and soda this summer, and choose to drink more water, May 1-August 31, 2022.
Visit the Move More, Eat Healthy website for more information.