La Habra Education & Schools
Education and overall mental wellness for our youth is very important to the community here in La Habra. The City has compiled extensive information in the below sections to assist you in finding the right fit for your child's needs; public, private and special education programs. In addition, as your child becomes a teenager and enters into high school, job education is extremely useful. La Habra houses the Orange County Youth Center (OCYC) where individual success is a main focus. The OCYC began approximately 42 years ago, when the City of La Habra began to operate workforce development programs for youth and adults under the Manpower Development and Training Act , a United States federal law enacted in 1962.
We understand there is much more information out there, but hope that our gathered links will jump start you in the right direction!
The City of La Habra has an excellent Child Development Division that consists of five programs - Head Start, Early Head Start, State Preschool, School-Age, and Family Child Care Home Network, which are federally or state funded. We provide quality child care and/or development services to children ages 6-weeks to 11 years old, including children with special needs. Eligibility requirements for each program vary. Please take time to review these Child Development Programs as you make the best choice for your child.
- La Habra City School District
- Lowell Joint School District
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District
- Whittier Christian High School
- Private Schools
- Special Education
- Arbolita Elementary 1001 E. Brookdale Avenue La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2352
- El Cerrito Elementary 1051 N. Hillside St. La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2340
- Ladera Palma Elementary 2151 E. Brookdale Avenue La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-234
- Las Lomas Elementary 301 W. Las Lomas Dr. La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2353
- Las Positas Elementary 1400 S. Schoolwood Dr. La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2356
- Sierra Vista Elementary 1800 E. Whittier Boulevard La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2359
- Walnut Elementary 625 N. Walnut St. La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2369
- Imperial Middle School 1450 S. Schoolwood Dr. La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2344
- Washington Middle School 716 E. La Habra Boulevard La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-690-2374
Founded in 1958, Whittier Christian High School has an approximate enrollment of 620 students with a class size of 21. The average SAT score is 1819 and a college attendance rate of 99%. Click here: Whittier Christian High School to learn more about this prestigious academic institution.
501 N. Beach Boulevard, La Habra, CA 90631 Phone: 562-694-3803
Whittier Christian High School is a Christ-centered academic community where students are taught, inspired, and prepared to be critical thinkers and authentic Christians, equipping them to honor God through academic achievement, humble service and courageous leadership.
Our vision is for a school where students are being formed and equipped as critical thinkers and authentic Christians through both the academic excellence found in our classrooms and the Christ-centered culture of our school community. This future is achieved by visionary leadership, and it comes alive through our talented and supported faculty as they teach, inspire and prepare students in facilities that reflect and support our school mission and provide stability and growth for our future.
In addition the Whittier Christian High School, we have Our Lady of Guadalupe Elementary School for our younger students. There are various other private schools that we encourage you to research as you make the important decision to enroll your student in the appropriate and most desired atmosphere. Below are a some general, non-City links to help your search for excellence for your student.
Note: The above listings are non-City government run sites. Some schools may no longer be in service or the description may not be updated.
Special Education and Services for our children is very important and La Habra schools do their best to address the personal challenges of each individual. As you decide what atmosphere is best for your child, we encourage you to browse the information provided within the various district sites regarding Special Education:
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District
The La Habra City School District believes in a child-centered program that recognizes the unique abilities, needs and interests of each student. The educational environment encourages development of individuals who are capable of becoming responsible citizens in a rapidly changing global society. Instructional methods and educational programs engage students in mastering the essential skills of reading, communication, mathematics, and information literacy. Students are provided opportunities to explore and pursue interests in the visual arts, performing arts, sciences and technology. Learn more about the La Habra City School District.
The Lowell Joint School District is committed to providing a strong academic program of basic skills with a well-rounded program of traditional subject offerings. At all District Schools, we emphasize the importance of education, the family, and traditional American values. We stress the value of personal integrity, social responsibility, and a respect for our national heritage. Learn more about the Lowell Joint School District.
The Fullerton Joint Union High School District recognizes their important responsibilities to assist all students to:
- Become contributing members of our society.
- Improve academic, critical thinking, and basic skills, and acquire important knowledge.
- Build constructive, consistent, and compelling systems of values and accompanying attitudes.
- Instill within each an appreciation for the American heritage and the responsibility for citizenship in our democratic society.
- Prepare for a satisfying and useful career.
With a 54-year heritage and more than 4,200 alumni around the world, Whittier Christian High School continues to serve as one of Southern California's leading Christian schools, a place where students are equipped in mind and spirit to honor God with their lives. Learn more about the school and community.