Hours & Admissions
The Museum is temporarily closed.
We are temporarily closing our doors due to the Covid-19 restrictions by the State of California. A re-opening date and on-line ticketing will return for CMLH Members and the general public once it is deemed safe to re-open our doors. During this time, LHCM will continue to conduct deep cleaning of our exhibits and spaces.
We will continue to provide engaging opportunities for learning through our digital platforms and future outdoor activities in the safest way possible.
We thank our community for the support and patience during this time. The Museum will continue to monitor the quickly evolving situation and will re-evaluate the situation and issue an update as information becomes available.
A list of guidance documents and more information about Covid-19 from the California Department of Public Health can be found here https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Guidance.aspx
Modified Operating Hours will resume when it is safe for indoor museums to open their doors again.
Temporarily Closed until further notice
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Admission Prices (Temporary discounted rates)
$10 per person 2 years and older
$9 La Habra Residents
$8 Military with ID
$8 First Responders with ID
$7 Seniors over 65 years
ON-LINE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for general public and CMLH Members
Click here for on-line ticketing and reservations
All children visiting the Museum must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
All adults must be accompanied by a child. Adult individuals requesting to tour the Museum must schedule an appointment with our education staff prior to visiting the Museum. Please call (562) 383-4236.
Out of an abundance of caution for you and our staff we’ve implemented some changes with the guidance of our state and local governments to make the Museum a safe and fun place for everyone. Please read these guidelines and tips carefully as you plan your visit. If you are not feeling well, please stay home. We will gladly exchange your ticket for a day when you feel better!
- Face masks are required for all visitors ages 5 and older
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing requirements.
- Modified schedule. You will have from 10 am-12 pm to play, please plan accordingly.
- You will notice new signs throughout the Museum encouraging 1 family-at-a-time areas and hand-washing reminders.
- Limited capacity: We have capped the number of tickets available each day to ensure plenty of space for all visitors to spread out.
- Enhanced cleaning: New cleaning protocols include frequent disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces before, during, and after your visit.
- Access to cleaning supplies: An increased number of hand sanitizing dispensers and added Sanitation Stations for personal cleaning in the exhibit areas.
- Staff and Volunteer health checks: All staff, volunteers, and contractors will have their temperature taken upon entry to the museum and will be required to wear a mask at all times.
ASTC Passport Program
If you are a visiting member from a reciprocal institution (science centers / museums located outside of 90 miles "as the crow flies" of the CMLH) and would like to receive free General Admission you must present a current Membership Card from an Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) institution and a valid photo id with proof of residence. Please visit the ASTC website for a complete listing of participating programs and restrictions.