Volunteer & Internships
Become a Museum Volunteer
The Children's Museum is looking for fun-loving and dedicated volunteers who want to share their time and talents by joining our growing team of amazing high energy volunteers! Along with having fun and giving back to the community, there are many other perks to volunteering at The Children's Museum at La Habra.
The next volunteer orientation is scheduled for Wednesday, January 23rd, from 6:30pm-7:30pm. In addition, you must attend one volunteer training session- these will be offered on Wednesday, January 30th from 6:30pm-8:00pm or Saturday, February 2nd from 10:30am-12:00pm.
Please RSVP if you plan to attend by emailing email@example.com or calling the museum at (562) 383-4236. Thank you!
- Be a college student or recent graduate
- Submit a volunteer application, resume, or cover letter.
- Interview with Museum Staff
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks, 8-16 hours per week depending on the position
- 1 day of formal training, plus additional departmental on-the-job training
- Have reliable transportation
- Preferred days of internships are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, but schedule is flexible.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, reliable, and flexible
- Age 14 or older (under 14 requires parent / guardian supervision)
- Able to follow museum policies and procedures
- Able to commit to specified hours based on project/position
- Able to attend formal training
- Complete a Volunteer Application (PDF). The application is also available at the Museum Desk
- Submit completed application on the day of the Orientation
- Meet and Greet Interview with Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator